How do you clean an overwhelmed house?
- The floor – Sit and tidy or sort piles of mail or books, grab a broom and sweep up crumbs, or vacuum the living room rug.
- The kitchen sink – Wash any dishes in the sink or load the dishwasher, then give the sink itself a good scrub.
How do you deal with an extremely messy house?
- Do Your Laundry. Start with picking up the dirty laundry off the floor.
- Make Your Bed.
- Vacuum the Floors.
- Mop the Floors.
- Grab Cleaning Supplies.
- Start with the Biggest Items.
- Put Away Your Stuff Where They Belong.
- Quickly Dust the Furniture.
How do I get motivated to clean overwhelmed mess?
- Work on Your Decluttering Motivation.
- Choose a Small Area to Work on.
- Don’t Get Sidetracked—Finish Your First Task.
- Pat Yourself on the Back for a Job Well Done.
- Set Your Next Reasonable Cleaning or Decluttering Goal.
- Don’t Hesitate to Ask for Help.
Where should I start when cleaning my house? First, vacuum throughout the house first. You’ll want to do this even on hard-surface floors, as vacuuming is much easier than sweeping and has the same end result. Afterwards, you can mop or clean your floors as needed.