How do you clean a wool blanket at home?
- Shake the Blanket. Before you wash a wool blanket, shake it out, and hang it in a well-ventilated area.
- Brush the Blanket. Lay the blanket flat on a clean surface.
- Treat Stains.
- Soak the Blanket in Cold Water.
- Wash for a Couple Minutes.
- Roll the Blanket in a Towel.
- Air-Dry the Blanket.
How do you get stains out of a Pendleton blanket? I washed my Pendleton wool blankets in cold water a month of ago and they came out perfect! I used my non-toxic detergent mixture to wash and rinse the blanket in “COLD” water and GENTLE CYCLE. Then, I used extra rinse to make sure all the soap was rinsed out.
Can I wash a wool blanket in the washing machine? The General Rule for all pure wool blankets is to always wash in cold water and gently wring or roll. A hand wash or delicate wash cycle and low-action washer spin on modern appliances can produce a good result.
How do you wash wool without dry cleaning?
- Turn wool clothes inside-out.
- Wash on the delicate cycle (or wool cycle or hand wash cycle, if your washer features these settings).
- Use cold water and a mild liquid detergent like Woolite.
- Add an extra rinse to the wash cycle.
- To avoid shrinking, don’t put wool clothing in the dryer.