How do you clean a red brick fireplace? Mix equal parts vinegar and water and pour into a spray bottle. Spray on the bricks and let is sit for a few minutes. Use a sponge mop to clean the bricks. If the bricks are very dirty, use a nylon-bristled scrub brush and put some elbow grease into the scrubbing.
What is the best way to clean soot off of brick? Good old soap and water will take soot off of bricks, but there’s a catch: You’ll also need to employ a scrub brush. Which means a lot of hard work on your part, because your own elbow grease is what’s going to do the bulk of the cleaning.
How do you clean and restore a brick fireplace? Vinegar and Water
Vinegar is a slightly acidic mixture that is commonly used for cleaning bricks, stones and grouts. Use a spray bottle or sponge to apply a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water to the fireplace. After it sits for a few minutes giving the acid a chance to work, scrub and sponge the fireplace clean.
How do you clean brick and make it look new?
- Make sure the bricks are wet with water.
- Combine 4 cups of water with 1/2 cup of ammonia and 1/4 cup of dish soap in a cleaning bucket or large spray bottle.
- Apply the cleaner to the bricks.
- Scrub with a natural bristle brush.
- Rinse well with warm water.