How do you clean a badly stained toilet?
- Pour 1 or 2 cups of white distilled vinegar into the toilet bowl.
- Sprinkle some baking soda. You will get a sizzling reaction.
- Wait about 15 minutes.
- Scrub the stains with your brush or pumice stone.
- Turn the water back on and flush.
What causes brown stains in toilet bowl? Water with too much iron and manganese can cause brown toilet bowl stains. Cleaning these brown stains is a difficult and time-consuming process. Water softeners prevent brown stains through a process called ion exchange.
How do you get rid of brown stains in toilet tank?
- Drain the water out of the tank.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Dawn, a cup of vinegar and ½ cup of baking soda.
- Use the toilet brush to swish it around.
- Scrub down the sides and bottom.
- Let it sit for about an hour.
- Give it another good scrub to get any new stuck-on sediment, algae, rust, and mold.
What is the best toilet stain remover?
- BEST OVERALL: Lysol Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Click Gel.
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: Clorox Ultra Clean Toilet Tablets Bleach & Blue.
- BEST NATURAL: Better Life Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner, 24 Ounce.
- BEST HEAVY DUTY: Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Clinging Bleach Gel.
- BEST FOR STAINS: CLR PRO Calcium, Lime and Rust Remover.