How do I remove brown stains from toilet bowl? Vinegar and baking soda: Add 1 or 2 cups of vinegar to the toilet bowl along with a few sprinkles of baking soda. Swish the solution around the bowl with your brush for a few minutes and then let it sit for about 15 minutes. Scrub the stains with your brush (or pumice stone).
What removes hard stains from toilets? First, flush the toilet and then pour a quarter of a cup of Borax into it, using your toilet brush to swish it around. Next, add one to two cups of vinegar and let the mixture sit for 20-30 minutes. You should be able to scrub the stains away and flush the toilet to reveal a fresh, and clean bowl.
What causes brown stains in toilet bowl? Water with too much iron and manganese can cause brown toilet bowl stains. Cleaning these brown stains is a difficult and time-consuming process. Water softeners prevent brown stains through a process called ion exchange.
What is the best toilet stain remover?
- BEST OVERALL: Lysol Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Click Gel.
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: Clorox Ultra Clean Toilet Tablets Bleach & Blue.
- BEST NATURAL: Better Life Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner, 24 Ounce.
- BEST HEAVY DUTY: Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Clinging Bleach Gel.
- BEST FOR STAINS: CLR PRO Calcium, Lime and Rust Remover.