How do I puppy proof my apartment with carpet? If you have to keep your new friend in a carpeted area, consider getting a hard plastic mat for the floor (like what you would put under an office chair). The hard surface will make cleanup easier for you, and your apartment’s manager will appreciate that your puppy isn’t damaging the carpet.
How can I protect my apartment from my dog?
- Invest In A Good Doggie Gate. As all dog parents are aware, when unsupervised dogs are bound to get into mischief.
- Protect Your Carpets.
- Make Sure Your Pup Can’t Get Into Your Waste Bin.
- Keep Your Pooch Away from Any Cables and Cords.
- Purchase an Air Vent Cover.
What is the best way to puppy proof your house?
- Unplug electrical cords, move them out of reach, or string them through cord concealers.
- Avoid feeding food from the table.
- Keep cleaning supplies in high cabinets or secured behind doors with childproof latches.
- Put all medications away.
How do I puppy proof my living room?
- Use childproof latches to keep little paws from prying open cabinets.
- Place medications, cleaners, chemicals and laundry supplies on high shelves.
- Keep trash cans covered or inside a latched cabinet.
- Check for and block any small spaces, nooks or holes inside cabinets or behind washer/dryer units.