How do I protect my carpet from damage?
- Keep Food in the Kitchen.
- Train Pets or Keep them Off the Carpet.
- Use Doormats Outside Each Door.
- Take Your Shoes off Inside.
- Use Rugs in High-Traffic Areas.
- Install Curtains or Blinds.
- Use Coasters Under Furniture.
- Do Not Drag Heavy Items Across Carpet.
How do I protect my carpet long term? For long term use, a thicker plastic with a textured bottom that secures the runner to the carpet is the best choice. This will give you a more stable surface, and the runner will be less likely to shift. Close up of a thicker plastic carpet runner, good for long term use.
Do I need to scotchguard my carpet? Is it really worth it to Scotch guard carpet? In a word, yes. Although it has been mis-sold as a “magic bullet”, it really does help in protecting your carpet. Scotch guard works as a soil retardant – stains will come out quicker, making cleaning your carpet easier the next time you do it.
How do I protect my carpet during a house party?
- Lay Down Runners and Extra Mats.
- Think Twice About Serving Dark Red Foods and Drinks.
- Keep the Party Contained.
- Set Out Garbage Cans in Every Room.
- Stain Guard Before Your Party Begins.
- Check the Carpet for Stains Once Guests Have Left.