How do I make my home theater louder?
- Add speakers. Your receiver can handle many groups of speakers.
- Replace your speakers. When upgrading, choose speakers that offer greater output.
- Add an amplifier to your system.
- Install an equalizer to your stereo receiver.
- Use premium wires and cables.
Why are my surround sound speakers so quiet? Replace the speaker wires. Try connecting a different pair of speakers. Low volume may also be a result of another component connected to one of the input sources, such as a Set-top Box (STB) or television. Check the connection between your source and the A/V receiver to make sure they are securely connected.
Can barely hear surround speakers? If the surround levels don’t seem loud enough it’s only because that’s how they were mixed. If your personal preference is to have them louder open up the individual speaker volume function and turn them up. If they’re not loud enough at the maximum setting turn the rest of the speakers down.
What makes a sound system louder? Especially with old sound systems, the larger a speaker is in diameter, the louder it can get. With the increase of the physical diameter of the speakers, the threshold for the amount of sound that can be pushed out of the speakers also increases.