How do I keep my cat off the screen?
- Scratch deterrent. There’s a reason you don’t teach a cat to sit, and that is because they’re basically impossible to train.
- Physical block.
- Get a scratching post.
- Trim it down.
- Get a pet-proof screen.
Can cats get through window screens? Your screens are only as safe as their frames
Test all of your screens by pushing hard against them. You might be surprised how easily some screens pop out. Even if there’s just some slight give, they’re probably not secure enough to prevent a spooked or enthusiastic kitty from busting through it.
How do I get my cat to stop scratching at my screen door?
- Apply a Scratch Deterrent. Spray your screens with a scratch deterrent.
- Use a Pet-Proof Screen.
- Install a Screen Door Guard.
- Add a Sheet of Plexiglas.
- Train Your Cat.
- Keep Your Cat’s Nails Trimmed.
- Create a Scratching Area.
How do you make a cat window guard?
- Cat Proof Windows with Fence Wire.
- Replace Standard Window Screen with Pet Mesh.
- Use an Adjustable Baby/Pet Fence.
- Attach Wire Mesh with Cable Ties.
- Protect your Screen with Plexiglass.
- Removable Cat Proof Vinyl Frame.