How do I get rid of little flies around my lights?
- Changing Your Bulbs. The two factors you want to take most notice of are heat and brightness.
- Homemade Heroes. Citronella candles have been known to chase away bugs, and they’re fairly easy to make from scratch.
- Try Tinting.
- Call Pest Control.
Why are flies attracted to my light? First, houseflies might be using the lights as a source of safety. In addition, once a single fly roams around a light source, other houseflies might also follow. In particular, flies are attracted to light sources that emit wavelengths within the UV-A range (315 to 400 nanometres).
What kind of flies are attracted to light? Mayflies are also called shadflies and lake flies. They are aquatic insects. They are attracted to light. They become a nuisance to people when they gather at night near doorways of homes and businesses.
How do I keep bugs out of my light fixture?
- Switch Out Your Porch Light.
- Change To A Yellow Bulb.
- Burn The Bugs Away With Bug Zapper.
- Install A Ceiling Fan.
- Use Candles.
- Add Some Insect Repelling Plants.
- Hang Spice Pouches.
- Spray Your Porch And Lights With A Bug-Repellent.