How do I get rid of bugs around my lights at night?
- Changing Your Bulbs. The two factors you want to take most notice of are heat and brightness.
- Homemade Heroes. Citronella candles have been known to chase away bugs, and they’re fairly easy to make from scratch.
- Try Tinting.
- Call Pest Control.
Do bugs stay away from light? However, bug lights can keep bugs away for longer than they otherwise would if you used just a regular incandescent, CFL, or LED bulb. But once a few bugs find the light, other bugs are sure to follow. The best way to keep bugs away is just to turn off any light you’re not using.
What color porch light keeps bugs away? While yellow-tinted “bug lights” do reduce the number of bugs that swarm around your porch light, the best kind of light bulb to use is an LED light that produces a warm color. This type of light bulb will produce a yellowish-orange hue when lit, which bugs find unattractive.
How do I keep bugs out of my outdoor light fixture?
- Switch Out Your Porch Light.
- Change To A Yellow Bulb.
- Burn The Bugs Away With Bug Zapper.
- Install A Ceiling Fan.
- Use Candles.
- Add Some Insect Repelling Plants.
- Hang Spice Pouches.
- Spray Your Porch And Lights With A Bug-Repellent.