How do I get rid of ants in my outlets? First wipe away the ants crawling over your wall with a damp cloth, being sure to avoid touching the electrical outlet. This will eliminate any scout trails the ants might follow on their way to your commissary. The second step is to place ant baits around the infestation.
Why are ants attracted to power outlets? The pheromones summon additional ants who may also become electrocuted, and the area can quickly become so overwhelmed with dead ants that they cause a short circuit. Other bugs, like cockroaches and bedbugs, are drawn to outlets and electronics because they like spaces that are tight, dark and warm.
Can I spray bug spray in an outlet? You should never spray bug spray into an outlet for many reasons. First, it can cause electrocution. Second, even if it does kill the ants, it doesn’t remove their carcasses. You may find a new pest problem in the making by leaving ant bodies in an outlet.
Do ants eat electrical wiring? They are probably attracted to the magnetic fields or heat from the electronics. When they make their way to electrical equipment, they chew through wires and electrocute themselves, which makes the release a compound that attracts other ants, in an effort to call for help.