How do I get my white towels white again?
- Gather your towels and put them in the washing machine.
- Add one cup baking soda to your detergent dispenser.
- Add one cup vinegar to a liquid dispenser.
- Run the longest and hottest wash cycle you can choose (my lid had steam on it).
- Dry as normal.
How do you wash white towels so they stay white?
- Try a cold wash. Though washing your towels on a hot wash cycle may have become the norm, a colder wash could be better for keeping them in good condition.
- Don’t over dry them.
- Use less detergent.
- Hold the bleach.
- Keep it regular.
Why don’t my white towels stay white? Wrong Amount of Detergent
If you regularly use too much detergent, your white towels will start to develop a dingy look due to excess detergent build-up. On the other hand, if you don’t use enough detergent, your towels won’t be cleaned properly and could turn gray over time because of dirt build-up.
How do hotels keep towels white? You can add a cup of white vinegar together with your usual detergent to break off all the residue that can be left behind in your linens. This helps your linens to stay white as long as possible.