How can you reduce noise when living on a busy street?
- Use your exterior walls. Nothing absorbs noise like a fat wall of books.
- Get thick curtains. Heavy curtains can also help dampen sound.
- White noise. I find that a fan or a white noise machine helps a lot.
- Reinforce the windows.
- Trust time to fix it.
How do you get rid of street noise?
- Install soundproof curtains and drapes.
- Try using window weatherstrips.
- Buy acoustic, thermal insulated windows.
- Door sweeps.
- Install soundproof door weatherstrip kit.
- Use blankets to cover the doors.
- Treat your door acoustically.
- Use mass loaded vinyl.
How do you drown out road noise in a bedroom? Hang heavy curtains or drapes on windows (you could even try hanging heavy material on an adjoining wall to soak up some sound if nothing else works). Roll up a towel or other material and place it at the bottom of the bedroom door. You can also hang towels on windows if you don’t have curtains at the time.
How do I stop highway noise in my house?
- Add mass to walls.
- Build window plugs.
- Build a fence.
- Plant some trees.
- Install a water feature.