How can reverberation be reduced? Reverberation can be reduced by absorbing the sound using some materials as it reaches the wall and ceiling of the room and thus prevent the sound from getting reflected. Some materials which are used to reduce reverberation are fibre board, heavy curtains, plastics etc.
How can we reduce reverberation time in a room?
- Increase the mass (weight) and density of the wall to make it heavier, as mass helps to block sound.
- Decouple the wall meaning one side of the wall doesn’t touch the other.
- Dampen the vibration energy of the wall.
How do I make my room less echoey?
- Use Acoustic Foam.
- Fill the Room with Furniture.
- Cover Windows with Curtains.
- Use Rugs on the Floor.
- Art and Tapestries.
- Use Fabric Blinds.
- Add Plants Around the Room.
- Use Room Divider Curtains.
What type of materials reduce the reverberation in the room? In spaces that don’t have lots of soft, absorbent surfaces, acoustic panels are ideal. They reduce noise by increasing the amount of sound absorbing material within the room, which lowers RT by stopping the sound bouncing back and forth.