How can I raise my bed without a bed riser? Bed riser alternatives include bookshelves or dressers, cinder blocks, lofting kits, chains, and wooden pallets. You can raise a bed by putting it directly on top of bookshelves or dressers, cinder blocks, or wooden pallets.
How can I raise my bed off the floor?
- Use Bed Risers. Using bed risers is the most common way to make your bed taller.
- Use a Bed Wedge. Bed wedges are adjusters that fit under the head of your bed.
- Use a Mattress Topper.
- Add Wheels to Your Bed Frame.
- Switch to an Adjustable Bed Frame.
- Use a Mattress Foundation.
How do you raise an elderly bed?
- You can use bed risers like these to raise the frame of the bed. Some of these you can stack to fit your needs.
- You can use a mattress topper on top of the existing mattress.
- Of course, you can also switch out the existing bed frame for a new, higher one as well.
How can I raise my platform bed higher?
- Find four lumber cubes of four to five inches.
- Using a large drill bit, drill a half-inch (or three-quarters inch) hole into the center of each block.
- Secure the bed frame’s posts into your risers!
- Note that risers also come in plastic form.