How can I paint my edges without tape?
What’s the easiest way to paint trim?
- Careful sanding is the key to a perfect job. Sand all moldings.
- Fill holes and dents. Fill all holes.
- Caulk for a seamless look. Caulk all cracks.
- Spot-prime to avoid blotches.
- Add an extender to latex paint.
- Slap, don’t wipe.
- Cut in edges before you fill the center.
- Lay on, lay off.
What can I use instead of tape when painting?
- Don’t skimp on the supplies.
- Invest in a metal paint tray, and buy cheap liners in bulk.
- Use old shower curtains, bedsheets or towels as drop cloths.
- Buy a good large angled brush for edging and you’ll never need to tape an edge again.
- Prime everything first.
What is the shortcut to paint without taping? The key to achieving a clean line when painting a room without using tape, is to have an angled brush. An angled brush gives more control, and allows you to easily cut in paint along any area. I prefer an angled brush with a short flexible handle because it fits in my hand nicely.