How can I organize my living room?
- Treat everyday stuff as art.
- Turn your book collection into makeshift furniture.
- Squeeze your desk into…a bookcase.
- Use your nonworking fireplace to corral random bits and bobs.
- Invest in an ottoman that does double duty.
- Same goes for your coffee table.
- And your side tables.
- And your sofa.
How do I get more storage in my living room?
- Combine storage and seating.
- Choose floor to ceiling storage units.
- Zone the space.
- Use paint to elevate your storage designs.
- Create sleek alcove storage to correct a small room’s proportions.
How do you organize a small living area? Try creating a floor-to-ceiling bookcase, then place furniture in front of the bookcase. This will help organize your living room and give you more room to store books, movies, and lots of other small items. You can use bins to store toys on the lower shelves.
How do I organize a small messy room?
- Step 1: Set a Goal for the Room.
- Step 2: Knock Out Some Logistics.
- Step 3: Pick a Strategic Starting Point.
- Step 4: Take Everything Out.
- Step 5: Sort and Declutter.
- Step 6: Clean Anything That’s Dirty.
- Step 7: Find a Home for Every Item.
- Step 8: Snag Any Storage Items You Need.