How can I make my room soundproof for a party?
- Extra carpet in the main party area.
- Deal with the windows.
- Fit some bass traps.
- Soundproof the doors.
- Line the walls.
- Try other wall coverings.
- Use the house basement instead.
- Keep the volume down.
How do you soundproof a shared wall?
- Install sound barriers over the condo wall.
- Add more drywall (mass)
- Employ decoupling techniques.
- Use a damping compound (Green Glue)
- Invest in wall hangings.
- Audio blankets.
- Soundproof curtains and carpets.
How can I soundproof an existing house?
- Add Insulation.
- Install a Second Layer of Drywall With Green Glue.
- Use Resilient Clips & Channels.
- Add Mass Loaded Vinyl.
- Build a New Wall in Front of Existing.
- Install Acoustic Foam Panels.
How can I soundproof cheaply? The cheapest way to soundproof a wall is to use thick blankets and quilts. To block outside noise, put blankets over the walls, doors, or windows, depending on where the sound is coming from. To keep the sound in, hang blankets on both sides of the doors or inside walls.