How can I cool my garage cheaply?
- Fans. Having a fan in a garage can do wonders.
- Close the Doors When It’s Hot Outside.
- Swamp Cooler.
- Do Not Park a Hot Car Inside Your Garage.
- Remove Clutter.
What is the most efficient way to cool a garage?
- Open the Door. When it comes to knowing how to keep your garage cool, the first — and often best — step is to open the garage door.
- Cool Vehicles Before Parking. When you drive your car, it heats up.
- Install a Ceiling Fan.
- Install an Awning or Plant a Tree.
- Improve Insulation.
How do I remove hot air from my garage?
- Open the Garage Door. Depending on the angle of the sun and how well-insulated your garage is, opening the door will provide a big breath of fresh air.
- Add Powerful Portable Fans.
- Try a Dehumidifier.
- Build a Low-Tech Swamp Cooler.
- Buy a Portable Air Conditioner.
Will a fan cool down a garage? Running air conditioning or getting a top-to-bottom upgrade of your garage’s ventilation system and insulation can be expensive. One of the cheapest garage cooling solutions is to use a simple oscillating household fan. Pedestal fans, box fans, or a high-powered shop fan will also get the air in your garage moving.