How can I become a better housekeeper at a hotel?
- First things first: Open room windows, if applicable.
- Next, clear out the clutter.
- Clean bedroom areas first.
- Give cleaning products time to work.
- ALWAYS sweep or vacuum before mopping.
- Use a toothbrush to get into nooks and crannies.
- Keep everything for cleaning in a cart.
How do I become a faster housekeeper?
- Get your daily routines down. If I keep up with my basic routines, things don’t get so out of control in the first place.
- Dress for success!
- Stay focused.
- Keep cleaning supplies in convenient location.
- Clean as you go.
- Clean in a logical order.
- Lighten your load.
What are the five rules of housekeeping?
- Work from the Top Down. Cleaning from the top down is common sense.
- Empty Bins Daily.
- Thoroughly Clean Bathrooms and Kitchens.
- Use The Checklist.
- Little and Often Works Wonders.
- Check Rooms From a Guest or Principal’s Perspective.
- Be Discreet.
How many rooms should a housekeeper clean per day? The housekeeper’s job must be most thankless job at any hotel. Housekeepers perform the most physically demanding work, cleaning an average of 10 to 14 rooms a day, yet are often invisible to the typical guest. So here are five myths, exposed, about what a hotel housekeeper’s job is really like.