Can you turn any crib into a toddler bed? A standalone crib is just your basic, traditional crib that doesn’t come with any extras and can’t be converted to a toddler bed. On the other hand, with convertible cribs, you can convert them into toddler beds when your little one outgrows their crib.
When should a crib be converted to a toddler bed? In general, most toddlers make the move from a crib to a bed between the age of 18 months and 3 years old. This wide age range means there are a few factors to consider before making the change.
How do I convert my crib into a toddler bed Delta?
- Remove the front rail assembly from the crib.
- Use the Allen key to remove the legs from the front rail assembly.
- Remove the metal stabilizer pins that connected the front rail to the legs.
- Install the legs to the side rails of the crib.
How do you install a crib toddler bed rail?
- Remove the toddler bed mattress from the bed to expose the bed slats.
- Position the legs of the bed rail on top of the wooden bed slates.
- Center the legs of the bed rail on top of the slats.
- Move the bed rail to a stable work surface.
- Reposition the toddle bed rails on the bed slats.