Can you reuse a stain brush? If you’re using mineral spirits or turpentine, pour it into a separate container; you should be able to reuse it after the stain settles out. Pour clean solvent into the bowl and give the brush a second treatment, shaking it and inverting it. Use a wire brush to comb the bristles to get all the pigment out.
How do you clean a brush without mineral spirits?
- Step 1: Remove the excess paint by wiping it on a clean paper towel.
- Step 2: Soak the brush in a bowl of pink soap for three to five minutes.
- Step 3: Wash the bristles under a running water faucet.
- Step 4: Dry the brush with a clean paper towel.
What do you do with a stain brush between coats?
What can I use instead of mineral spirits?
- The best substitutes for mineral spirits mainly include turpentine, acetone, denatured alcohol, and charcoal lighter fluids.
- You can easily find rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, charcoal lighter fluid, and oil, soap, and water in your home as substitutes for mineral spirits.