Can you put recessed lights in drop ceiling? Recessed lighting looks great in any room, and it is an especially good fit for a space with drop ceilings, such as a basement. Recessed lights look sleek and illuminate brightly without sacrificing any headroom.
How do you install a ceiling light in a drop ceiling?
- Find the right lights. Heat is your biggest concern when choosing recessed lights for your ceiling.
- Layout your lights.
- Establish supports.
- Cut holes.
- Position the lights.
- Wire the lights.
- Finish up.
How do you install LED lights in a suspended ceiling?
- Find a place to locate your drivers.
- Layout your light locations on the ceiling.
- Cut the hole that you’ll install the fixture into.
- Run extension cables or low voltage wire to the light location.
- Mount your drivers and run 120VAC power to this location.
- Connect the drivers to the light.
What is the rule of thumb for recessed lighting? A good rule of thumb is to divide the distance between ceiling and surface by two to give you the maximum distance between fixtures. For example, lights in an eight-foot ceiling should be spaced about four feet apart.