Can you put a duster in the washing machine? A cloth duster is one of the most common types of dusters. You can safely toss this type of duster into the laundry load. Set the cycle to warm water. Once the cloth has run through the washing cycle, hang it up to air dry instead of tossing it into the dryer.
How often should you wash your duster? You should clean your feather duster about once or twice a year to keep it in the best shape possible. But don’t worry, it’ll only take you about 3 minutes. Even though you don’t need to do it very often, this isn’t one of those super challenging once-a-year deep cleaning tasks.
Should you wet a duster? The science behind why damp dusting is more efficient than a dry cloth comes from the fact that a damp cloth introduces capillary force to the dust particles. In short, the damp cloth draws the particles in and lifts dust from the area instead of moving them around.
How do you clean and keep a duster?
- Shake the dust from your duster.
- Use warm water and washing-up liquid to clean the duster.
- Rinse, and squeeze out excess water.
- Allow to air-dry.
- Wash a mop head in the washing machine or in a 50/50 bleach and water solution.
- Hang your mop to stop it picking dirt up from the floor.