Can you keep a dog in one room? DON’T keep different types of pets in a room together, especially new additions to the family (unless you truly believe that they get along). Whether it’s a dog and a cat or a dog and a rabbit, don’t keep them together in one room unattended.
How do I confine my dog without a crate?
- Use a baby gate or pet barrier to restrict your puppy to a single room, usually a bathroom or the kitchen.
- Purchase and use a ‘puppy play pen’ or ‘x-pen’ which effectively fences off a small area for your puppy to spend time in that keeps them out of trouble.
Do you need to dog proof your house? To keep even your most high-energy pet safe and comfortable, pet proofing every room is a must (after you’ve used spring cleaning apps to deep clean your home, of course).
How do I puppy proof my room?
- Unplug electrical cords, move them out of reach, or string them through cord concealers.
- Avoid feeding food from the table.
- Keep cleaning supplies in high cabinets or secured behind doors with childproof latches.
- Put all medications away.