Can you drink witch hazel? Witch hazel is POSSIBLY SAFE for most adults when small doses are taken by mouth. In some people, witch hazel might cause stomach upset when taken by mouth. Large doses might cause liver problems. Witch hazel contains a cancer-causing chemical (safrole), but in amounts that are too small to be of concern.
What is the best homemade mouthwash?
- 1 tsp. salt.
- 1 tsp. baking soda.
- 1 tsp. xylitol (optional)
- 8 to 10 drops of essential oils (optional)
- 20 drops of mineral drops (optional)
- 1 cup distilled water.
- Clean, empty bottle with lid.
What can I use for a mouth rinse?
- Pour 20 milliliters (4 teaspoons) of LISTERINE® Antiseptic rinse into a cup.
- Empty the cup into your mouth.
- Swish for a full 30 seconds (try counting to 30 in your head or using a stopwatch).
- During rinsing, gargle in your mouth.
What is antiseptic mouth wash good for?
It can help with:
- mouth infections, mouth ulcers and gum disease.
- sore throats.
- denture care.
- skin infections.