Can I wash a Pendleton wool blanket at home? Yes, most of the time. Know that, if you are going to be washing a 100% wool blanket, whether it is worn vintage or a harder weave, like Pendleton wool, you will have to be very gentle with it. Use only cold water and select a wool-friendly detergent, but more on that later.
Can you wash wool blankets in the washing machine? The General Rule for all pure wool blankets is to always wash in cold water and gently wring or roll. A hand wash or delicate wash cycle and low-action washer spin on modern appliances can produce a good result.
How do you wash a wool blanket without shrinking it? Fill your sink or bathtub with lukewarm water (30ºC or less) and add some wool soap, which is a gentle laundry detergent specially made for washing wool and delicates. Mix it in well before adding your wool to the water. Submerge your wool into the soapy water, then let it soak for at least 10 minutes.
How do you wash a 100% wool blanket?
- Shake the Blanket. Before you wash a wool blanket, shake it out, and hang it in a well-ventilated area.
- Brush the Blanket. Lay the blanket flat on a clean surface.
- Treat Stains.
- Soak the Blanket in Cold Water.
- Wash for a Couple Minutes.
- Roll the Blanket in a Towel.
- Air-Dry the Blanket.